Obligatory, Semester 8, ECTS: 5
Taught in: Greek, Available to ERASMUS on request
The course concentrates on knowledge provision in the field of energy efficient buildings maximizing comfort (thermal, visual and acoustic) conditions . The goal is the link between architectural design and sustainability, combining optimized performance, occupant satisfaction and reduced energy consumption.
The design of low energy buildings and passive systems presenting not only the available technologies but design methodologies as well. The students should aquire the skills to:
1. Characterize the thermal performance of building materials
2. Avoid certain pathologies of the building skin
3. Define strategies for daylighting, natural ventilation and shading.
4. Design and dimensioning of passive systems
5. Estimate the influence of a particular design onthe building energy balance.