Obligatory, Semester 4, ECTS: 4
Taught in: Greek, Not available to ERASMUS students
[Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis]
The course revolves around five main axes.
- Theoretical approach of the subject in the form of lectures, namely: stone constructions, wooden constructions, metal constructions, glass buildings, new technologies- façade covering materials, dry construction, green roofs, solar protection.
- Visits to construction sites
- Exercises of on-site measurements
- Design exercise of the semester. The design representation is sought through detail scales (1: 20-1: 10-1: 5) of the two-storied residence of the previous semester namely: construction sections in selected points of the building, stair calculation, runoff , restrooms, roof, coatings, technical description and budget, frames’ chart
- Small Research Topic (Duration three weeks)
Students choose a building from around the world and present it in groups of 2 people in a 10 minute lecture
The aim of the assignment is the coherent and well documented presentation of the topic, adequately covering the architectural, structural and constructional organization, as well as the personality and work of the architect.