[Analysis, Synthesis, Evaluation]
The goal of the lesson is the provision of the basic knowledge to understand the design principles for the implementation of a structure by means of Reinforced Concrete technology.
- Introductory knowledge.
- Concrete as a material. From Plain to Reinforced Concrete.
- Basis of Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Load bearing structure. Loads and supports. Actions – resistances (probabilistic approach – verification by partial factor method). Principles of Limit State design (Serviceability Limit State / Ultimate Limit State). The role of materials.
- Constituent materials of R.C.
- Materials technology. Stress - strain relation of concrete and reinforcing steel. Strength requirements.
- Distinction of elements in a concrete structure – Nomenclature
- Linear elements (beams, columns)
- Flat elements (slabs)
- Configuration / Presentation of load bearing structure and structural members. Construction drawings.
- Structural system(structural members, supports). Models. Flexural and shear actions. Internal actions and sections capacity.
- Pre-design of slabs, beams and columns.
- Design of linear elements against flexure and shear – Arrangement of reinforcement.
- Simply supported beams. Continuous beams. Columns.
- Design of flat elements (slabs) against flexure and shear – Arrangement of reinforcement.
- Detailing of members set by the Codes. Anchorage of reinforcements. Special requirements against Seismic actions.