Elective at semester(s) 6, 8, ECTS: 3
[Knowledge, Application, Analysis, Synthesis]
Goals : This course deals with sound propagation inside buildings. It presents the acoustical problems that an architect may face during the design and construction processes of a building. It is divided into 2 parts :
- Room acoustics: the course presents notions such as the reverberation times, the alpha Sabine coefficient of materials and the equivalent absorbing area of a room. Acoustical geometrical principles will also be presented in such a way that all these notions can be used easily. The lessons are illustrated with a lot of recent projects that deal directly with acoustics such as the Opera, theatres, concert halls and big public closed spaces such as swimming pools, train stations, restaurants, bars, etc…
- Building acoustics deals with the notion of acoustic insulation between 2 spaces. Notions like insulation index Rw of materials, direct and indirect transmissions of noises, airborne noises and impact noises will be presented and studied.
- The last part of the program deals with qualitative concepts that have been developed around the world and can be used as tools for architectural design : 3 comfort theory, Soundscape – Sound Effect – Sound Objet.
The students’ evaluation is realised through 2 studies that student will do on their personal projects which they have already designed (one on room acoustics, and another on building acoustics).
Δίδεται βιβλιογραφία και προτείνονται δύο βιβλία. Κάθε φοιτητής παίρνει δωρεάν ένα βιβλίο από τα δύο προτεινόμενα:
1. Ευθυμιάτος Διονύσιος, Ακουστική Και Κτιριακές Εφαρμογές, Εκδότης Παπασωτηριου, Αθηνα 2007. [ Κωδικός ISBN: 9789607530943]
2. Τσινίκας, Νίκος Π.Ακουστικός σχεδιασμός χώρων, Εκδότης: UniversityStudioPress, 2005, 143p. [Κωδικός ISBN: 960121402X]
- BERANEK L : Music, acoustic and architecture . New York. J. WILEY,1962, 580 p.
- Sonic Experience: A Guide To Everyday Sounds (Paperback) by Jean-Francois Augoyard (Editor), Henry Torgue (Editor), McGill-Queen's University Press. Montreal. 2006.