The Department of Architecture of the Thessaly's University organizes a Conference on “Transformations of space and its meaning in Greece amid crisis” that will take place at Volos, on November 1-3 2013 and calls for the submission of abstracts.
The Conference seeks to bring to limelight and examine the material and connotative alterations induced by the recent crisis on architectural, urban and rural space.
Main topics of interest are:
- Vacant buildings and contemporary ruins
- Impoverishment and urban space
- Collective practices on public space
- Exclusions and banishments: purifying the city
- Precarity and housing threats
- Countryside: nutrition shelters and privatized resources
For further information please visit the conference's website.