The Nautical Club of Thessaloniki was founded in 1931 and is the oldest sea-sports clubs of the country .It is placed on the waterfront of the city on the boundary of Kalamaria and Thessaloniki municipality.The position of the club refers to an area designated for urban land north of a damaged coastline, then the eastern waterfront of the city known as a new beach, south of the camp Kodra and east of a sufficient driving the increased needs of the region road.
The aims of the redesign and redevelopment of the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki are:
• To redefine the public character of the area
• To promote the specificity character of the region
• to improve and redefine its relationship with the sea area and the liquid component
• To highlight the richness and variety of contact
• To promote the naval group in the 24-hour operation intended to use sport, recreation, culture and working
After the expropriation of the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki for the re-design of space. In this part of the new facilities will include:
• Store boats 900t.m.gia type cruiser, yawi, open catamaran, korsar, pirate, vaurien, boat rowing solo classical, boat, boat racing, Chris Kraft, and warehouses for fitting sails and other regional items Sailing and rowing as ropes, rowing machines, etc.
• Classrooms and seminars for sailors to be able to serve as classrooms modeling of hours training athletes. The rooms are 36 sq.m and they have a capacity of 18 persons each, have room projectors and storage cupboards.
• Clinic for providing first aid to athletes
• Room Teacher
• gymnasium area 110sq.m to prepare the athletes before training
• eightfold to the simulator rowing double height space and area 250 sq.m.
• Locker rooms for men and women with the necessary accommodations (showers, locker) 25 people each, and space wc
. • Area host of athletes, with six bedrooms, two to four persons each
• Exhibition space craft 900t.m.
• lobby to stand and information book
• Area café-restaurant with a capacity of 160 persons will serve both the club and the public of Thessaloniki as well as athletes and members' bar on the second floor
• kitchen, utility rooms and refrigerated rooms for storing food.
• Office administration total 200sq.m to accommodate the accounting and record the group's space and an office manager for information
• Underground parking 50 seats and 20 seats outside
• Space heating systems
• Three staircases for the transportation and service users, goods and exhibits
• Marina area of 2000 sq.m.. can accommodate vessels 50-120 (depending on the size of vessels)
The proposed redesign focuses on the creation of more adequate buildings and outdoor facilities. The storage vessels, coastal and marine configurations sheds (as places of transition) from sea plants were focal points especially as they are called to serve the needs of 800 members of Friends of the Sea and the citizens of Thessaloniki as a whole.