The diplomatic work concerns the study of re-establishment and re-use of the paper’s factory industrial group “Orovie” which is found in the settlement of Rovies in Northern Evia. The paper factory was manufactured in 1908 and up to the dues of decade 1980 are added new buildings. The industrial group includes: the building of paper production, offices, working residences, residence of director of enterprise, stocking spaces, installations of biological cleaning of sewages, jetty charge and discharge of raw material and products, chimney. The total area of buildings of group is 4.270 m2, in plot of 30 acres.
The building phases of group are six: 1908 built the main space of production, the working residences and the residence of director, 1908-1912 were manufactured two small buildings (boiler room and lockers room for workers), 1912 construction of a second floor, a loft, the chimney and also the jetty, 1937 building of offices, in 1970 have the super elevation of floors and manufacture of deposit, dues of decade '80 installations of biological cleaning of sewages.
The buildings of factory as well as the mechanical equipment are saved in very good situation and almost entire. The building of working residences has been destroyed and saved department of northern wall. In bad situation is saved the building of residence of director of enterprise.
The study includes imprinting of group, proposal of maintenance of his first building phase and the re-use.
The news of buildings group will include laboratory of craftsmanship of paper, a small museum, space of lectures, theatre with auxiliary space, stocking space, cafeteria and hostel of total area 4.715 m2.
In the first unit are presented in general elements that concern the settlement of Rovies, elements for the geographic place, the climatic and geomorphologic conditions of region and information for the population.
In the second unit, is presented a short report on the foundation and the operation of paper factory.
The third unit deals with the place, the recognition and the description of buildings of group as well as the building phases of group, that emanated from observation on the spot, written and oral testimonies, photographic material and inset chronologies of construction.
The fourth unit includes the re-establishment of existing group and his adaptation in the new uses as well as the addition of new buildings for the needs of visitors.