The area of Metamorfoseos neigbourhood of Volos and especially the area between the two parallel streets : Dimitriados street and Hermou street , are historically an imrortant place of the town with a big economic and cultural activity from the beginning of the 20th century until today.Big buldings were built, that were used for commercial exchanges , cultural activities , touristic enterprices and also andministrative necessities or permanent houses .
The project concentrates on the study of conservation of a group of five buldings, with total area space of 1026.14sm , in the square 283 and its convertion into a music multi space. The four buldings are used as hotels, warehouses and commercial shops , with abandoned parts and the fifth is abandoned on the whole. Three of the five buldings have been judged as preserved in 1991. The study includes imprinting of the group , documentation and proposal of its new use. More concretely, it includes the following:
• there are general elements about the wider area , the urban’s web place, in which the square of buldings 283 belongs,
• there is a detailed description of the group of buldings that includes plans and photographs from the visits to the group,
• there is a presentation of the construction elements which were composed from observation on the spot and from the finding and the study of features from the documents of the Magnisia’s borough and the municipality of Volos,
• there is a determination of the buldings’ phases ,
• there is the proposal for its conservation , because of its architectural and historical value , the neighbouring squares of buldings which include other maintenance buldings, with public uses and especially with the municipal conservatory for which the proposal is to complement the needful spaces that isn’t of disposal until today, for the complete function and the group’s adapting to the new uses.